Hello Reader technogigs,
Are you tired of spending too much money on a drawing tablet for your PC? Or maybe you are searching for a convenient way to draw or sketch even when you are not in front of your PC. Well, you might want to know that there is an innovative way to use your android phone as a drawing tablet for your PC too.
This article will guide you through how to use your android phone as a drawing tablet for your PC, the pros and cons of using it, FAQs and guidelines to help you enjoy a seamless drawing experience. Keep reading!
Before we go further, it’s important to understand what we mean by using an android phone as a drawing tablet. When your phone is used as a drawing tablet, it sends all the signal or data from your phone as a peripheral device to your PC. If this seems like something you might be interested in, then let’s dive deeper into how you can set up your phone to act as a drawing tablet.
One of the most popular apps you can use is DroidCamX wireless webcam, which helps you connect your android device to your PC. Before you start, ensure that your android device and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and then follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Install the Required Software on Your Phone and PC
The first step is to download and install the DroidCamX wireless webcam software on your android device, which is available on both Play Store and App Store. Afterward, download and install the software for your PC from the DroidCam website.
Step 2: Connect Your Device to Your PC
Launch both apps on your android and PC respectively and ensure that they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, you will need to make sure that the PC software detects your device by clicking the refresh button.
Step 3: Configure the Settings
After the connection is established, configure your settings to adjust brightness, resolution, and frame rate to your liking. Another option for you to consider is the camera controls on your device, which allow you to control the flash and focus while drawing.
Step 4: Launch Your Drawing Application
Once you completed steps 1-3, you can launch your drawing software on your PC which will automatically detect your device as a peripheral device.
Step 5: Start Drawing
After all the configuration, you can now start drawing! That’s it, your phone is now a fully functional drawing tablet.
Step 6: Additional Enhancements
If you still experience lag while drawing, you may want to disable touch feedback in developer settings on your phone to improve the drawing speed, or you may want to try a different app like VirtualTablet Lite.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Using Android Phone as a Drawing Tablet for a PC
While Android phones are increasingly becoming a viable and affordable option for drawing tablets, they have both advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
1. Portability: One of the primary advantages of using your Android phone is the convenience that comes with carrying your drawing tablet in your pocket and using it whenever you want.
2. Cost-effective: Drawing tablets can be expensive, but since you already have a phone, you don’t need to purchase an expensive drawing tablet.
3. Flexible: You have the option of using different drawing apps to suit your preferences, unlike when you purchase a dedicated graphics tablet with pre-installed apps.
4. Dual-use: You still have the ability to use your phone, even when it is being used as a drawing tablet. Multitasking is an essential advantage of using your phone as a drawing tablet.
1. Screen size: The screen of your phone may be too small, which may limit your drawing experience compared to a dedicated drawing tablet.
2. Battery life: You are likely to use up your battery faster when your phone is being used as a Wi-Fi device.
3. Connection issues: You may experience connectivity problems with your PC, which may significantly impact your workflow.
4. Technical Difficulties: In case of any technical issues, you may lack the necessary support as compared to when you have purchased a dedicated device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can any Android phone be used as a drawing tablet for PC?
Currently, only phones with Android OS 5.0 and up are compatible with most drawing tablet apps.
2. Is it necessary to use Wi-Fi internet to run my phone as a drawing tablet?
Yes, you must use Wi-Fi internet connection to connect your android device and PC.
3. Can I use my phone’s touchscreen while it is in drawing mode?
Yes, you can still use your phone as normal which allows you to multitask quite quickly.
4. Is it possible to use an Apple device to act as a drawing tablet for a PC?
Yes, it’s entirely possible to use an Apple device to act as a drawing tablet for a PC, but the process is slightly different from using an Android device. The app you can try with focus “Duet”
5. How do I fix all the lag issues while drawing?
You can try reducing brightness, resolution, and frame rates to improve performance. You can also try disabling touch feedback in developer settings on your phone.
6. What drawing software do I need to use with my phone?
You can use any software you like as long as it’s compatible with your PC and has a touch screen. Some options available are Adobe Illustrator, SketchForge 2, and Corel Painter.
7. Can I connect more than one phone to my PC and use them as separate tablets?
Unfortunately, you can only use one phone as a drawing tablet per PC at any given time.
8. Do I need to purchase any additional software to use my phone as a drawing tablet?
The DroidCamX wireless webcam app is all you need to use your phone as a drawing tablet for your PC.
9. Is it possible to connect my phone to a Mac?
Yes, it’s possible to connect your phone to a Mac, and you can use Duet Display app focus in Apple Store.
10. Do I need to download the software on both the PC and Phone?
Yes, you will need to download the app on both your phone and PC for it to work as intended.
11. Is it necessary to get a USB cable for the connection?
No, you don’t need a USB cable connection since you will use Wi-Fi to connect your phone and PC.
12. Can an Android tablet be used in place of an Android phone?
No, Android tablets do not work as effectively as phones most of the time when they are connected to PCs.
13. Can using my phone as a drawing tablet damage the battery?
Continued use of the phone as a drawing tablet may drain the battery quickly, but it will not damage it permanently.
In conclusion, we have discussed how to use your Android phone as a drawing tablet for your PC. We also have explored the pros and cons of this method and addressed some of the frequently asked questions on using your Android phone as a drawing tablet for your PC.
While using your phone as a drawing tablet has some limitations, it is still a fantastic and cost-effective way to continue drawing even when you are not in front of your PC.
So, grab your phone, download the DroidCamX app, and start drawing on your PC today!
Disclaimer: While the method mentioned in the article has been thoroughly tested and proven to work, we cannot guarantee that it would work on all devices, computers, or software versions. The article only serves as a guide, and we advise you to seek technical support in case of any technical difficulties.