Hello, Reader technogigs!
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms globally, with 1 billion monthly active users. It is known for its exciting content and creative video editing tools. However, a common problem experienced by TikTok users is losing their drafts. It can be frustrating, especially when you’ve put in effort to create them. In this article, we’ll discuss how to get your TikTok drafts back.
TikTok is an app that has taken the world by storm. It’s a platform where users can create, share and discover content. TikTok’s popularity has surpassed many other social media platforms, making it a significant contender in today’s social media space. One of TikTok’s most popular features is its video draft feature. It enables users to save and edit their videos at a later time. However, TikTok users often experience problems with losing their drafts.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to get your TikTok drafts back. It’ll discuss the possible causes of losing your drafts and how to prevent them. Not only that, we’ll also examine the advantages and disadvantages of using the presented methods.
Causes of Losing Your TikTok Drafts
There are various reasons why you might lose your TikTok drafts. Technical glitches, connection issues, and low storage on your device are among the primary reasons your TikTok draft might disappear. Let’s look at each of these in detail.
Technical glitches are one of the leading causes of losing your TikTok drafts. The app might crash, freeze, or entirely shut down, and your drafts could disappear in the process.
You can prevent these technical glitches by regularly updating your TikTok app. New updates fix bugs and improve overall app functionality. Also, ensure you have enough storage space on your phone. At least 1GB should be reserved for TikTok.
Poor internet connection is another reason why your drafts might disappear. When creating or editing a video, the app requires an internet connection. A bad network connection could lead to the app crashing, leading to the loss of your drafts.
If you’re experiencing connection issues, make sure you’re using a good network service provider. You should also ensure that you’re in an area with good network coverage.
Low Storage on Your Device
As mentioned before, your device’s storage could affect your TikTok drafts. TikTok requires a lot of storage space, and if your device’s memory is full, the app might not function correctly.
To prevent losing your drafts, make sure you have enough storage space before you start saving drafts on TikTok. Check your device storage and delete unwanted files, photos, or videos.
How to Get Your TikTok Drafts Back?
Now let’s get to the gist of it. How can you get your TikTok drafts back? There are different methods you can try to retrieve your drafts.
Method 1: Using the “Recent” Tab
TikTok has a “Recent” Tab feature that enables you to recover your lost draft. Follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and click on “Me.”
- Click on “Drafts”
- Next, tap on the “Recent” Tab, which is located at the top-left corner of your screen.
- You’ll see a list of recently saved drafts. Choose the one you want to restore and continue editing.
Method 2: Check Your Gallery
If you’ve previously saved your TikTok videos to your gallery, then that’s good news. You can recover your lost draft by following these steps:
- Open your device gallery.
- Look for a folder labelled “TikTok.”
- The folder contains all the videos you’ve ever downloaded or saved on TikTok, including your drafts.
- Select the draft you want to recover, click it, and continue editing.
Method 3: Contacting TikTok Support
If none of the above methods work, you can contact TikTok support. They have a dedicated team that works to resolve any issue you might experience on the platform.
- Open your TikTok app and click on “Me.”
- Click on the three dots (…) located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select “Report a Problem”
- Describe your issue, including the details of the draft you lost.
- After that, TikTok support will get back to you as soon as possible.
Method 4: Check Google Drive or Dropbox
If you save your media files on Google Drive or Dropbox, it’s possible to find them there. Here are the steps:
- Open Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Search for a folder labelled “TikTok Drafts” or any other folder you might have created.
- Open the folder and select the draft you want to recover.
- Continue editing your draft.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The methods discussed above have their benefits. They include:
- Ease of use
- The convenience of having multiple options to recover your lost draft
- Reduced stress and frustration as you can recover your lost draft quickly
Despite their benefits, the discussed methods also have some disadvantages. These include:
- The possibility of not being able to recover your lost draft
- The potential of losing your content permanently
- The need to continuously confirm actions as some methods have different steps
TikTok Drafts Table
|Recent Tab||Go to Recent Tab and select the draft you want to restore||Easy to use, minimal steps required||Might not work in some versions of the app|
|Gallery||Navigate to your device’s gallery, locate the TikTok folder to access lost drafts||Saves time, easily accessible||Might not work if draft was not saved earlier|
|Contacting Support||Report the problem to TikTok support for resolution||Professional assistance, more potential solutions||Might take time for resolution|
|Google Drive or Dropbox||Search for the TikTok Drafts folder to access lost drafts||Secure, organizes files conveniently||Might be time-consuming to upload and download files|
FAQs about Getting Your TikTok Drafts Back
1. Can I recover my drafts if I deleted the TikTok app?
Unfortunately, no. Deleted apps often result in losing all backups permanently.
2. Can I recover a recent draft that I deleted by mistake?
Yes. You can recover such drafts by navigating to your device’s recycle bin and clicking restore.
3. Does clearing my device cache affect TikTok drafts?
Yes. Clearing your device cache deletes all saved files on the app, including drafts.
4. Can I edit my drafts on another device?
Yes. You can do this by ensuring you’re using the same TikTok account and opening your drafts on the new device.
5. Why do my drafts keep disappearing on TikTok?
Technical glitches, network connection issues, and low storage on your device are among the primary reasons your drafts might disappear.
Losing your TikTok drafts can be frustrating, but this article has provided you with different ways to get your drafts back. The methods discussed include using the “Recent” Tab, checking your device’s gallery, contacting TikTok support, and Google Drive or Dropbox. Each of the methods has its advantages and disadvantages; hence it’s up to you to decide which is best for you.
Remember to regularly update your TikTok app, have enough storage space on your device, and save your drafts to prevent losing them in the future.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article was helpful.
This article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as professional advice. TheWriter disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this article.