Greetings, Reader technogigs!
Do you ever want to know the exact creation date of a Facebook account? Whether you want to curb online bullying or protect yourself from potential scams, it’s always a good idea to check the creation date of a Facebook profile you come across. However, Facebook doesn’t provide this information publicly, so is there any way out to check Facebook creation date?
If you’re curious about the answer, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will share some tips and tricks on how to check Facebook creation date and unveil the strengths and weaknesses of various methods. Stick around to learn more!
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms worldwide, with millions of active users signing up every day. However, with the increasing trend of online impersonation and cyberbullying, it’s crucial to verify whether a Facebook profile is legitimate or fake, especially before interacting with strangers.
Every Facebook account has a unique creation date, which can give you some insights into the authenticity and credibility of that account. Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t publicly disclose when an account was created or the sign-up date of the user. To check Facebook creation date, you have to use some tricks and methods.
Read on to find out how you can unveil the creation date of a Facebook profile and what are the limitations of each method.
Method 1: Check “About” Section
One of the easiest ways to check Facebook creation date is by going to the profile’s “About” section and see if there’s any “Joined Facebook” information. However, this method only works if the user has made their Facebook launch date publicly available, which is often the case for many old accounts with a lot of activity.
To check the “About” section:
- Open a web browser and sign in to your Facebook account.
- Open the Facebook profile you want to check.
- Scroll down until you find the “About” section.
- Look for the “Joined Facebook” information. If it’s available, you’ll see the exact date and year when the user joined Facebook.
- If there’s no “Joined Facebook” information, this method won’t work.
The main advantage of this method is that it’s straightforward and doesn’t require any third-party tools or software. However, the success rate is relatively low, as most users prefer to keep this information private or don’t update their profile frequently.
Method 2: Use Social Bearing
If the first method didn’t work, don’t worry. There’s another way to check Facebook creation date by using a third-party tool called Social Bearing. Social Bearing is a website that allows you to search for tweets and Facebook posts based on various criteria, including the account creation date.
To check Facebook creation date using Social Bearing:
- Open a web browser and go to Social Bearing website.
- Enter the Facebook profile name or URL you want to check in the search bar.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- On the left-hand side, under the “Filter by Keyword” section, click on the “Advanced” button.
- In the “Advanced Search” section, type “Joined Facebook” in the “All these words” field.
- Select the date range you want to search in the “Posted From” and “Posted To” fields. Ideally, choose a range of one year before the account was created and one year after.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- If there are any results, you’ll see the exact date and year when the user joined Facebook.
- If there are no results, this method won’t work.
The main advantage of this method is that it’s more reliable than the first one and gives you a better chance of finding the creation date of a Facebook profile. However, it requires you to use a third-party tool that may raise privacy concerns or result in inaccurate data if the user has changed the name or privacy settings.
Method 3: Check WayBack Machine
If the previous methods didn’t work, you can try checking the Facebook profile on WayBack Machine. WayBack Machine is a digital archive of the World Wide Web that allows you to browse web pages from the past and see their content as it appeared at different points in time.
To check Facebook creation date using WayBack Machine:
- Open a web browser and go to WayBack Machine website.
- Enter the Facebook profile URL you want to check in the search bar.
- Select a date in the past when the profile is likely to have been created (e.g., the earliest date when you remember seeing this account).
- Click on the “Browse History” button.
- If the profile was available on that date, you’ll see its content. Look for any information that indicates when the profile was created (e.g., “Join Facebook” button).
- If the profile wasn’t available on that date or there’s no clear indication of the creation date, try other dates or methods.
The main advantage of this method is that it gives you access to historical data and allows you to see the content of a Facebook profile at different points in time. However, it requires you to use a third-party tool that may not work for all profiles or may raise privacy issues.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
As you may have noticed, each method to check Facebook creation date has its own strengths and weaknesses. Let’s summarize them below:
Method 1 – Check “About” Section:
|Simple and easy to use.||Depends on whether the user has made their launch date public.|
|No third-party tools required.||Not updated frequently.|
Method 2 – Use Social Bearing:
|More reliable than the first method.||Requires you to use a third-party tool.|
|Allows you to filter by date range.||May raise privacy concerns or result in inaccurate data.|
Method 3 – Check WayBack Machine:
|Gives you access to historical data.||Requires you to use a third-party tool.|
|Allows you to see the content of a profile at different points in time.||May not work for all profiles.|
Overall, you should use these methods with caution and only for informational purposes. Checking the Facebook creation date alone is not enough to determine the legitimacy or credibility of a profile, and you should always use your common sense and judgment before interacting with strangers online.
1. Is it legal to check someone’s Facebook account creation date?
Well, technically, there’s no law that explicitly prohibits checking someone’s Facebook creation date. However, it’s a grey area as it may raise privacy concerns or violate Facebook’s terms of service. Therefore, it’s advisable to use these methods only for informational purposes and not for stalking or harassment.
2. Can I use these methods on a deactivated Facebook account?
No. If a Facebook account has been deactivated or deleted, there’s no way to check its creation date or any other information as it’s no longer publicly available.
3. Can I use these methods on a Facebook account with strict privacy settings?
It depends. Some of these methods may work even if the user has set their privacy settings to “Friends Only” or “Private.” However, if the user has restricted their posts or activity to a certain group or personalized their timeline, it may be challenging to find any useful information.
4. Can I use these methods on a Facebook business page?
No. The creation date of a Facebook business page is different from a personal account, and it’s not publicly available. However, you can still use other methods to verify the authenticity and credibility of a business page, such as checking its reviews, testimonials, or website link.
5. Can I use Facebook API to check creation date?
No. Facebook API doesn’t provide direct access to a user’s sign-up date or creation date.
6. Can I use a Facebook downloader to check creation date?
No. A Facebook downloader is a tool that allows you to download Facebook videos or photos; it doesn’t provide any user information.
7. What should I do if I can’t find the Facebook creation date using these methods?
If none of these methods worked for you, it’s likely that the user has kept their sign-up date private or there’s no clear indication of it. In that case, use your common sense and judgment before interacting with that profile, and report any suspicious activity to Facebook.
8. Can I use these methods on a Facebook account that I don’t have access to?
Yes, you can use these methods on any Facebook account as long as it’s publicly available. However, if the user has set their profile to “Private” or “Friends Only,” you may not be able to find any useful information.
9. How can I report a fake or suspicious Facebook profile?
If you suspect that a Facebook profile is fake or impersonating someone else, report it to Facebook immediately using the “Report Profile” button or by contacting Facebook Support.
10. What are some other tips to stay safe on Facebook?
To stay safe on Facebook, follow these tips:
- Use a strong and unique password.
- Enable two-factor authentication.
- Don’t share your personal or sensitive information publicly.
- Be wary of suspicious friend requests or messages.
- Report any harassment or bullying to Facebook.
- Check your privacy settings regularly.
11. Can I use these methods on other social media platforms?
No. These methods are specific to Facebook only. Other social media platforms may have different ways to check the user’s creation date or registration information.
12. Are there any Facebook tools to check creation date?
No. Facebook doesn’t provide any tools to check the user’s creation date or sign-up information. You have to use third-party tools or methods.
13. Can I get banned from Facebook for using these methods?
No. Checking the Facebook creation date using third-party tools or methods is not against Facebook’s terms of service, but it may raise privacy concerns or result in inaccurate data. Therefore, use these methods with caution and only for informational purposes.
Now that you know various methods to check Facebook creation date, you can use them to verify the authenticity and credibility of a Facebook profile before interacting with it. However, remember that checking the creation date is not enough to determine the legitimacy of a profile, and you should use your common sense and judgment before accepting friend requests or engaging in any online activity.
What other methods do you use to check the Facebook creation date? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!